Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, June 18, 2012

Food and My First Indian Restaurant

Where do I begin... So the food here isn't the greatest. The first few things I ate here were not good. As with anything, it takes time to figure out. After two weeks we are starting to have success. My favorite is the fish and chips from George's Tradition. Fish and chips have become a staple in my diet, which is probably a bad thing! I eat fish and chips at least twice a week right now. We found a Mexican restaurant that is pretty good thanks to Adam and Amber. We have been to two pubs. The first pub, the Slug and Lettuce, was ok. The food was good but it was so heavy. I think that is my problem with traditional English food. We have also had Dominos and Subway. Both are pretty similar to the US. A couple things they do right here are desserts and coffee, but that is whole other blog post.

Our first weekend here we met Adam and Amber one last time at an Indian restaurant before they left for the US. I was a little hesitant because I have never been to an Indian restaurant. Mark's old boss was Indian, so I have tried Indian food that his wife made. This was actually an Indian buffet. It was amazing! I couldn't really tell you what all I ate, but it was all very good. I also couldn't tell you how many plates I went through! Mark was very adventurous on the spicy food. I knew it was a bad idea and sure enough he paid for it. I think we will definitely go back again. Here are a couple pictures of us in the tuk-tuk.

I have found some interesting things at the grocery store. They have the eggs on the shelf and they are not refridgerated. The people that work at the grocery store get to sit down while they ring your groceries. The store that we shop at closes at 4:00pm on Sunday. We definitely were about halfway through the store when they started turning the lights off. They have the BEST selection of produce and meat I have ever seen in a grocery store. They do not have gold fish crackers or anything similar that I have been able to find. Everything seems to be so expensive at the store. We don't have the best diet right now. We a lot of fish and chips, pizza, and sandwiches.
 

1 comment:

  1. I'll be awating the blog about desserts! :-)

    ReplyDelete