Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

City Living in Derby

Our current apartment is in downtown Derby. Mark and I have always wanted to live downtown. We thought this would be a perfect opportunity to live downtown temporarily. Living in downtown Derby definitely has its ups and downs. I think I have already decided downtown living is not for me. We are within walking distance of lots of shops, restaurants, and the mall. However, we are also within walking distance of everything else that comes with being downtown. Here are a few pictures of the downtown area.












I love hearing the church bells ring every hour. I have also found an amazing cafe that makes the best cafe mocha I have ever had. They also have great pastries. I have seen a few craft stores I want to check out too. The only problem is that I don't feel 100% comfortable being down there without Mark. Being in the "city centre" is fine, but I have to walk through a few questionable parts to get there.



Tomorrow Mark starts work!! I have no idea what Andrew and I are going to do. We will see! We did drive by Rolls Royce today with another couple so we stopped and took a picture. I hope he has a great day tomorrow!



I do want to apologize about the quality of my pictures on this blog. The app I am using posts the worst pictures. If you click on each picture it should pull up a larger picture that is a little better. I hope to find a better way to do my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment