Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, November 30, 2015

Give Thanks

When you truly stop and count your blessings there are so many things to be thankful for!!  I love Thanksgiving!!  I love taking time to be thankful, spending time with the people I love, eating great food, and it's the beginning of the Christmas season!!  This year we stayed here and my mom, sister, and Justin joined us for Thanksgiving.  It was a great day!!  

I pretty much make the same things every year.  I love to try new recipes but I have learned that Thanksgiving day isn't the time for me to be trying new things.  I am not going to lie...this year I bought the turkey pre-cooked.  All I had to do was heat it in the oven for 2 hours.  That made things a lot easier so I could spend less time in the kitchen and more time with family.  

Oh Lucas...Your new smile is something!!

Eli's First Thanksgiving
The weather this year was awesome!! The boys went outside and played for the afternoon.  I love this picture of the boys practicing baseball outside.  Justin is so good at playing with my boys even though he is a little bit older.  Mark used the time to put the Christmas lights up outside.  


Here is the final spread!!  We had turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, and this cheesy green bean casserole that is my favorite!  We also had a jello salad that isn't in the picture.  It is something we always had at my grandma's house growing up!!  The food was all pretty tasty to me!  



For some reason that is where the boys like to lay and watch tv :)

Love this!! It only took about 50 tries but we finally got a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment