Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Andrew Goes To Kindergarten


Andrew's first day of Kindergarten has come and gone in the blink of an eye.  I have been dreading this day since we left Pre-K graduation!!  When I say dread I mean, every time I think about it I want to cry or throw up, dread!!  How did these last five years come and go so fast??  I have been putting this post off because I am not the best at putting what I am really thinking and feeling into words.  I never thought I would have such a hard time with him going to Kindergarten!!  Kindergarten is where my first real memories start.  I remember so many things about going to Kindergarten.  I can't believe Andrew is there!

We started out with one of my favorite back to school activities, school supply shopping!  I had to be very careful that day because I was on the verge of loosing it through out the whole store.  Who would have thought new pencils and a fresh pack of crayons could make you want to cry??  He had so much fun picking out all of his new supplies and I kept a smile on my face the whole trip.  It was a success.  I also need to vent a minute about glue sticks!!  Who knew there are 3 different sizes of glue sticks?!  I do now!!  Andrew had jumbo glue sticks on his list and not just 1, he needed 10!!!  We grabbed 10 that said giant.  I only saw 2 sizes at Target.  I was wrong!  There is a standard size, giant, and jumbo!!! I am such a rookie!  He did go to school with the correct size and quantity of glue sticks after a few trips to the store.





Then before school started we went to Meet The Teacher night!  We dropped off school supplies and got to meet Andrew's teacher, Mrs. Porro.  We got to see where Andrew sits and check out his classroom.  It is just so crazy to me that we meet this lady for 10 minutes and then we just leave our kids with her all day everyday.  I wanted to sit her down and interview her!  I know...I need to settle down and just go with the flow.  I manged to keep my questions to a minimum.




Andrew was so excited to start school and ride the bus.  On his first day I had to wake him at 7:00.  His bus comes at 8:00.  I manged to keep it together all morning because there were plenty of things to keep me busy.  Mark stayed home to watch Andrew get on and off the bus.  Mark made the boys a special pancake breakfast.  Andrew was all dressed in his first day of school outfit.  Suddenly it was 7:45!!  Time to start getting ready to go outside to take a few pictures and catch the bus.  On the inside I was in a panic.  Here are all of the fun pictures from the morning.

Fun surprise message for Andrew from our best friend Amy!!

Love Lucas photo bombing 




Just like that he was on the bus.


I watched my little boy get on the bus and I lost it!!  I had kept it together for all of the activities leading up to this and then it all just came out.  I watched the bus pull away with my baby.  The baby that I have been making decisions for and guiding for his whole life.  It is a scary thought that he will be spending the majority of his days with other people that I don't even know.  What I do know is that we have done our best to lay the foundation for him.

I spent my day running around with Lucas and Eli to help the time pass.  I couldn't wait to hear about Andrew's day!!  We had a few goodies waiting for Andrew when he got home.  Of course, the bus was late coming back but some other moms had warned me about that.  He got off the bus with a smile on his face.  As soon as he got off he told us that he had a great day and his favorite part was riding the bus.  He also said he wanted to be a bus driver when he grows up!!  It felt so good to have him back!



Andrew has been enjoying kindergarten this past month.  He really has no complaints and that makes it SO much easier on me to send him off to school everyday.  His favorite parts of the day are lunch, recess, riding the bus, and he loves computer class.  He has also made a few friends too!  We still miss him while he is at school but we know he is having more fun there.  My favorite part of the day is getting him off the bus and listening to him tell me about his day.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I'm sure he's thriving at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glue sticks forever. Haha! I love these pictures! I still can't believe he is in Kindergarten! Such a big boy now...

    ReplyDelete