Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Eli's Nursery

I finally finished Eli's nursery!!!  As you all know we left the sex of Eli a surprise.  I had to come up with ideas for a boy nursery and a girl nursery.  I wouldn't recommend waiting to do the nursery because it is hard to find time to finish the nursery after the baby arrives.  We painted the walls grey so it could go either way.  The only other thing I finished before Eli was born was the crib skirt.  I knew I wanted an airplane theme if we had a boy.  I found the perfect sheets at pottery barn kids right before Eli was born and I kind of built the rest of the nursery around that.  After having Andrew I realized that you really don't need a bumper or fancy quilt.  I stopped using Andrew's bumper as soon as he started moving around and I never used the quilt.  I have used Pottery Barn crib sheets for all three boys now.  They are super cute and great quality!!

We did have to buy a new crib and mattress for Eli because Lucas is still sleeping in a crib.
I used this tutorial for the crib skirt.  It was pretty easy and I love that it is adjustable.  I decided to make one because crib skirts are so expensive!!  
For this name sign I wrapped a canvas in the same fabric as the crib skirt.  I used this tutorial to paint the letters and it worked out pretty well. 
My boys love their mobiles!!  I didn't want to spend $50-100 on a matching mobile and I ended up finding this awesome tutorial on etsy.  I used Lucas's old mobile and cut off the elephants.  This cost me about $7 to make!!!  I bought the felt and tutorial.  


His nursery is simple, but I love it!!!

2 comments: