Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, February 27, 2015

Eli One Month



This first month has flown by and I have tried to enjoy every minute snuggling this adorable little guy!  He is growing so fast and having two other boys just makes the days go by faster.  Eli spent the majority of his first month sleeping.  I feel like he has been the sleepiest baby of mine.  He definitely has more awake time now.  He sleeps between every feeding.  He does pretty well at night.  He usually goes every three hours but we usually get one longer stretch of about 4 hours.  He sleeps in the rock and play in our room for now.  His nursery is still not 100% finished because I waited to do the nursery until we knew if it was a boy or girl.  The crib and sheets are ready so technically he could sleep in there.

Eli is still breastfeeding!!  He is officially my longest breastfed baby, but that is not saying much.  He usually eats every 3 hours but sometimes he will eat every 2 hours.  I have had a lot of guidance from the lactation ladies at the hospital because breastfeeding does not come naturally for me.  I did find that Eli had a tongue tie, which I had never heard of.  Basically his tongue was too connected.  We ended up taking him to a dentist that specializes in this to have it repaired.  Not the most fun thing I have witnessed!!!  The tongue tie was causing some problems with nursing and could cause more problems in the future.  Things are going better but it will take time for him to learn to use his tongue correctly.  I take breastfeeding one day at a time and have not put any kind of timeline on it.  I think Mark misses being able to feed him everyday.  Mark has fed Eli a few bottles but we kind of stopped that after the tongue procedure.  

Eli's one month appointment went well.  He was 9lbs 5.5oz 30% and 22.5in 85%.  He is definitely my first baby to see the 30th % in anything.  He is just about out of newborn and in size 0-3 months.  His length is the problem.  Size newborn is too short but the 3 month is too wide.  He is just changing over to size one diapers.  I will not be buying anymore newborn.  He got one shot and he wasn't a fan!  He bled more than normal just like Lucas!!  At least I am not worried this time because Lucas did the same thing.  

Going home from the hospital!!

Grandma snuggles

Awake for a minute

First Bath

Not sure if he is a big fan!

All Clean!

Sleeping in the swing

Little Colts fan!!

Meeting Mema!
My first play date!!

We spent a lot of time snuggling on the couch!
Caught a sleepy smile
This is where Eli sleeps
Always has his hands by his face
A little tummy time

Still sleeping!

Eli is such a sweet little baby!!  I wish I could bottle up this baby time with him!  I love cuddling with him.  Since this is probably our last baby I try to cherish every moment!!  We all love him so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment