Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Lucas's First Trip to the Dentist

Lucas took his first trip to the dentist last week.  I actually made their appointments at the same time which seemed kind of crazy, but I really don't want to have to take them on separate days.  I had Mark come with me this time because I wasn't sure if Andrew would get x-rays.  I wouldn't be very helpful during an x-ray being pregnant.

Lucas had no idea what was coming his way.  We had the choice to hold him or lay him on the chair.  I decided to try the chair to see how he would do.  Here was his reaction to that...

He was a little unsure!

He really didn't like the fact that we couldn't pick him back up.
He didn't love the brushing part but he wasn't totally screaming and he didn't bite anyone. I would say it was a success!!  As soon as I picked him up he was totally fine.  The dentist said everything looked great.  I am always nervous to take the kids to the dentist, but this appointment gave me hope :)  My kids do better at the Dr than they do at the dentist.


Andrew did amazing!!!  There were no tears and he was very brave!  He went in the big open room with the big kids.  I was so proud of him!  It also helps that the ladies are so great with the kids.  As I was making the next appointment I realized that I would have 3 kids with me at that one!!  

Andrew was checking out Lucas's toy

No comments:

Post a Comment