Family Picture

Family Picture

Friday, August 8, 2014

16 Weeks!


Well...here we are again!  I am so excited for baby #3, but at times it doesn't seem real.  I know it's real, but without a giant baby bump or baby kicking around in there it is easy to forget.  Running around after a 13 month old and keeping a 4 year old busy can also make you forget a baby is growing in there.  Either way I am so excited to have another baby, but I guess I don't have all the time in world to day dream about it like I did with the other 2.  I still think about this baby a lot and I cannot wait to be holding him or her in my arms.  Andrew wouldn't let me forget anyway because he has to talk to the baby at least twice a day.  I think he is just as excited as I am.

This pregnancy has been very interesting from the start.  Obviously, it was a little bit of a surprise.  I started feeling sick the day before I took the test and this is the first pregnancy I have actually thrown up with.  I started taking anti-nausea meds everyday around 8 weeks and stayed on them until about 15 weeks.  I started out the pregnancy with a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is a bleed between the placenta and uterus, but that quickly healed.  Of course, it gave us a huge scare!  The first 2 months I was soooooooooo tired, but I am pretty sure that is how I was with the other 2 pregnancies.  All pregnancy symptoms seem to be magnified by each kid you have.

The other fun part about this pregnancy is that we are not finding out the sex of the baby!!!!  I cannot believe I am doing this!!  I am such a planner, but I think it will be so much fun not finding out.  It's not like I have the time or the money to be out buying more baby stuff!!  As much as it is killing everyone else not knowing the sex of our baby, just know that it is 10 times worse for me!  I go back and forth on if I think it is a boy or girl, but if I had to settle...I would say boy!!  I was right with Lucas and with Andrew I had no idea, so we will see if I am right.  We have our ultrasound next week so be on the look out for some pictures.

Size of Baby and Mama: Baby is supposed to be the size of an avocado or about 3-5 oz and 4-5 inches from head to bum.  I have gained 1 pound.  I lost a little weight in the 1st trimester because of morning sickness and I had no appetite. Here comes the weight gain because the appetite is back for the most part.

Gender/Names: I still cannot believe we are not finding out.  My vote for this post is boy.  Mark and I have decided I will come up with a few girl names and he will come up with the boy names.

Movement: I have just started feeling a couple tiny kicks.  I cannot wait for that to be more regular.

Sleep: Oh sleep...let's just say sleep isn't my favorite topic right now.  I am so exhausted by the time I lay down and some nights I cannot fall asleep.  Other nights I cannot get back to sleep if I wake up.  Some mornings I wake up with a head ache :( I guess at 16 weeks my body is already preparing for lack of sleep.

What I miss: A nice strong caffeinated beverage!

Cravings: Salty snacks, cheese, or tomatoes

1 comment:

  1. Love these updates! So excited you are waiting to find out!

    ReplyDelete