Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Flight to Missouri and a Visit With Mema and Papa

We are finally home!! Sorry for the delay in posting. Our flight to the US was 8/24. We woke up around 5:00am and headed toward the airport. We were a little nervous about our travels home because we had to drive to London, return the rental car, take a shuttle bus to our terminal, and get our entourage of luggage through security all with a two year old. I felt like there were one too many chances for something to go wrong, especially with our English luck. We were about ten minutes from the airport when I said...I can't believe we made it with no traffic. Mark gave me a look and 30 seconds later we were in stand still traffic. Funny how things work like that!! Thank God the traffic only lasted about ten minutes and we arrived and the airport in good time.

When we checked in at the airport we realized our seats were much better than what we originally thought. The airport people told us to go to the business class lounge to wait for our flight. I am so glad we did. When we walked in I saw hot breakfast, drinks, fruit, cold breakfast, and even an open bar. We were pretty happy to find out that this was all included. There was even a playroom with toys for kids. I was also informed that there is a spa and I could have had a free 20 minute massage!! If I would have known this in advance I would have been there 30 minutes earlier.

We knew we were going to be in business class but I had no idea what to expect. Let me just tell you it exceeded my expectations. I felt like I was on vacation. I had no problem flying for eight hours with this kind of service. We were greeted when we boarded with water, orange juice, or champagne! Our seats were so big and reclined into a bed. We had our own personal TVs with different choices for which movie we wanted to watch. We had a menu with many options for lunch and snacks. All beverages were included. The people next to me probably had close to ten whiskeys each and then they slept for the rest of the flight. They gave us a toiletry bag with socks, toothbrush, eye mask, ear plugs, lotion, and face wash. It was pretty posh!! I felt like a kid because I was so excited, obviously this was my first trip in business class. Here are a few pictures.



We connected in Chicago, made it through customs, and back through security in a timely fashion just for our next flight to be delayed. We finally made it to Missouri with headaches and a cranky two year old. It didn't matter because we were back in the USA!!

We had a great visit in Missouri with Mark's family!! They had a little welcome home party for us with an Afternoon Tea. Mark's mom went all out on this one. There was an amazing spread of tea, sandwiches, and little desserts. She also wore her white gloves and crown for the event. Andrew, Mark, and I wore themed shirts ourselves. We had a chance to see some of the extended family that we don't get to see very often. It was good to catch up with everyone.

 
 
We spent the rest of our time recovering from our jet lag, swimming in the pool, and spending time with Uncle Matt, Aunt Laura, Johnny, Mema, and Papa! We also tried to find another car because I sold mine before we left, but we were unsuccessful.

Amazing welcome home meal!! The Creasons don't mess around.
Andrew loved the pool!
 
 

We drove back home on Wednesday and Mark went back to work on Thursday. It is so great being back in our house again!! We are pretty much all settled in now. The suitcases are all unpacked and the last load of laundry is in the dryer as I write this post. Andrew and I got a cold some how so we have been recovering this weekend.




4 comments:

  1. Love the Afternoon Tea party, great idea by Mark's family. Sounds like you are enjoying being back home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying being home! I was talking to Andrew yesterday and he asked about Jay and Kalle (except he says Kalle more like Kawee)

      Delete
  2. Glad you guys made it home safely. Business class looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Mark's family went all out! I love that his mom dressed up. So cute!

    ReplyDelete