We are finally settled back in our Indiana House, as Andrew likes to call it. It kind of feels like we were never gone. We started going to back to our play group that we missed so much. Andrew was so excited to see his friends.
We took a few trips to story time at the library, and had to squeeze in a few trips to Chick-Fil-A.
We even took a trip to the zoo.
Our most exciting news is that Andrew started going to "school" on Friday mornings. He goes from 9:00-1:00. The first day he was a little unsure, but as soon as he saw the train table he was ready for me to leave. There are nine kids in his class and two teachers. When I went to pick him up on the first day he wanted to stay and play! He has now been to school three times and is always so excited to go. He always has a little craft he brings home. This past week I grabbed his little picture and asked him about it. He said that it was a picture of his family, Mommy, Daddy, and Andrew. It is so fun to see him learning. After school on Friday we were running an errand, and I hear him sing "The B-I-B-L-E..." I asked him if he sang that song at school and he said yes. For those of you that may not know the song, it is a song about the Bible and at the end the kids get to scream Bible as loud as they can. It was one of my favorites growing up in Sunday School. It was one of those Mom moments where I was so proud and my heart just melted. I was so happy and proud that he was learning something at school and that he was learning about the Bible!!
We still do not have our dog back, but we get her this coming Sunday. Andrew finally seems excited to see her. At first he didn't really seem to care that she was gone, but in the past week he has been talking about her more.
Mark and I are glad to be back in our routine. We were able to join a small group at church, so that has been fun getting to know some new people. Our house has been loud on Sundays with football. Andrew has picked up on all of the right things to say during the game. Andrew still loves to watch football with us. We are about to venture into potty training with Andrew. Not sure how that is going to go! That is really all we have been up to. We are just happy to be back to "normal," if that is what you call it.








No comments:
Post a Comment