Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, December 26, 2011

Andrew's 2nd Birthday

This post is so late, but I guess that is how my Decembers are going to be.  Having a December baby, Christmas, and traveling make December a crazy month for us.  Get ready for a bunch of posts to catch up. 
Andrew was lucky enough to have two birthday parties this year!!  The first party was on Friday and it was a joint party with our friend Max whose 2nd birthday is 10 days after Andrew's.  We invited all of our neighbor friends and had a Sesame Street party.  Both Max and Andrew are really into Sesame Street right now.  The boys had a lot fun with all of the Sesame Street decorations. 

Cupcakes with an Elmo and Cookie Monster candle.  Andrew had to carry his candle around for the rest of the day.


Laura's creative game, Oscar's trash toss.  The kids loved it.

The boys before the party eating some goldfish and watching Elmo's world.

Favors,  Laura had the best idea to do Elmo PJs for the little kids!

Pin the nose on Elmo

Getting ready for cupcakes
The other party was at our house the day before his birthday.  We decided to go with a football theme because of his obsession with football.  We had family and close friends over to help celebrate.  He had a great time.  He was so tired after everyone left, but so excited about everything that he couldn't even settle down for a nap.  He seems like such a big boy to me now!

Some of the food

I have to give credit to Sweetheart Cupcakes in Plainfield for doing such a great job with the birthday cupcakes.  I am pretty much obsessed with that place now.

Favors and gift table

Andrew's gift from Papa and Mema

The Grandparents

Ready for some cupcakes


On Andrew's real birthday we gave him a basketball hoop.  I think he had a blast on his birthday weekend.   It feels like yesterday that I was planning his first birthday. 
2 years old

1 year old


My brand new baby

Andrew is changing so much everyday.  We did go to his two year check up and everything is going great!  I was shocked when they said I didn't have to come back until he is three!  Three??  That seems like forever from now.  It was just a reminder for me to take time to enjoy everyday with him.  He is amazing and I love him so much. 

Happy Birthday Andrew!  We love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment