So Mark and I decided it was time to get rid of the paci. We have talked about getting rid of it a few other times, but there always seemed to be a reason why it wouldn't work. On Saturday morning we decided to give it a try. Andrew only uses his paci for naps and bedtime.
Day one:
We started yesterday for his morning nap. When Mark laid him down he cried for about fifteen minutes before falling asleep and then slept for over an hour. For the afternoon nap we laid him down and it was less than ten minutes of crying. I still wasn't sold on success because we needed to go through a full nights sleep. We put him down for bed and he only cried for about two minutes!!! He woke up once in the middle of the night and whined for a minute, but still went back to sleep! Success!! The only problem is he woke up at 7:00am and there was nothing I could give him to buy an extra fifteen minutes of sleep.
Day two:
He fell asleep after crying for a minute on both naps today. We will see how tonight goes.
So far I consider it a success!! We will keep you posted...
Wow!!! How much to have you come over and take Case's paci away??? I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteAndrew is doing amazing without his paci! Sage still has hers and we have been chatting about when to take it away. Not there yet!
ReplyDeleteHe is doing great Tracey - isn't is amazing how they adapt?
ReplyDelete